PowerSchool - Schoology
Schoology is an integrated learning management solution that provides course management, mobile learning, and support for system-wide communication.
- Schoology enables our students, parents, and teachers to engage with learning materials and their school community from the classroom and beyond.
- We look forward to using Schoology in our classrooms to enhance connectivity and communication across our school.
- With Schoology, students can digitally submit homework assignments, participate in interactive discussions, receive announcements and feedback, take tests, write academic blogs, and more.
- As a parent, you will be able to view your child’s activity within the platform.
- Schoology FAQs for Parents
- Schoology for Parents Video
- Getting Started on Schoology for Parents
- Schoology Setup Instructions
- Conferences Quick Start Guide
- Schoology for Students Video
Please refer Schoology questions to email@example.com.
Power School provides parents and students (in Grades 3 – 8) with access to grades and attendance.
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal is a secure website that parents can use to track their child's progress and provides an effective communication tool intended to foster a partnership and dialogue between OLGC parents and teachers.
- Please keep your passwords confidential so only you can access the information.
- The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher's name link. This link works if you have this feature set up on your computer.
- Grades will be entered on a regular basis.
- Grades may appear in the grade book as --/75. This indicates a placeholder for the grade but the teacher has not placed a score in the gradebook.
- Information in blue on the page, means it is a hyperlink to more data.
- If you see something that you don’t understand, ask your child first. They may have an explanation. If you notice an anomaly, please contact the teacher directly.
Benefits of the Parent Portal
- Makes parents true partners in their child’s education and is a proactive tool to enhance Parent/Teacher communication.
- Students can easily track and be more responsible for their late and missing assignments and grades.
- OLGC will not issue hard copy Interim Reports for grades 3 - 8. Grades can be accessed through the parent portal. Specials will not report interim grades. If there is a concern, it will be communicated separately.
Please refer PowerSchool questions/comments to Sharon Hallahan in Front Office.