PowerSchool - Schoology
Schoology is an integrated learning management solution that provides course management, mobile learning, and support for system-wide communication.
- Schoology enables our students, parents, and teachers to engage with learning materials and their school community from the classroom and beyond.
- We look forward to using Schoology in our classrooms to enhance connectivity and communication across our school.
- With Schoology, students can digitally submit homework assignments, participate in interactive discussions, receive announcements and feedback, take tests, write academic blogs, and more.
- As a parent, you will be able to view your child’s activity within the platform.
- Schoology FAQs for Parents
- Schoology for Parents Video
- Getting Started on Schoology for Parents
- Schoology Setup Instructions
- Conferences Quick Start Guide
- Schoology for Students Video
Please refer Schoology questions to email@example.com.
Power School provides parents and students (in Grades 3 – 8) with access to forms, grades and attendance.
We need you to log into Power School to complete the following required forms:
- Emergency Contact form
- Parent/Student Handbook form
- Media Release form
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal is a secure website that parents can use to track their child's progress and provides an effective communication tool intended to foster a partnership and dialogue between OLGC parents and teachers.
- Please keep your passwords confidential so only you can access the information.
- The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher's name link. This link works if you have this feature set up on your computer.
- Grades will be entered on a regular basis.
- Grades may appear in the grade book as --/75. This indicates a placeholder for the grade but the teacher has not placed a score in the gradebook.
- Information in blue on the page, means it is a hyperlink to more data.
- If you see something that you don’t understand, ask your child first. They may have an explanation. If you notice an anomaly, please contact the teacher directly.
Benefits of the Parent Portal
- Makes parents true partners in their child’s education and is a proactive tool to enhance Parent/Teacher communication.
- Students can easily track and be more responsible for their late and missing assignments and grades.
- OLGC will not issue hard copy Interim Reports for grades 3 - 8. Grades can be accessed through the parent portal. Specials will not report interim grades. If there is a concern, it will be communicated separately.
I can’t remember my login for the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
If you aren’t able to retrieve your login credentials using the “Having trouble signing in?” link on the Sign In page, please contact your school directly for assistance logging in to the Parent Portal.
Do I have to answer all the questions?
No, but some questions are marked "Required" and must be answered before you can submit your form.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change prior to submitting the form, you can either navigate back to the page using the “Previous” and “Next” buttons or if you are on the Review page select the underlined field. If you have already submitted the form you will need to contact your student’s school so they can make the changes for you.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
Once you have finished entering your information select “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot select this button you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions. Verify all additional forms are submitted to the school.
What if I have more than one student in the district?
Do I need to do this for each child? Yes you will need to provide information that is specific to each child. We recommend that you complete and submit one form and then start another. This will allow you to “snap” (or share) selected family information, which saves you time. Help! I’m having technical difficulties. For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” from any form page.
Please refer PowerSchool questions/comments to Sharon Hallahan in Front Office.