We are entering our third and final trimester of the school year. I spent some time reflecting on how much the pandemic affected our daily lives in not only the negative ways, but also the positives. It has been about a year since the virus first emerged, forcing many of us to be on lockdown without notice.
We have all sacrificed so much. Without knowing, I think many of us are already imagining what our lives will return to post-pandemic. One thing is for sure, we will be better. Our lives will never be lived the same way again. Whether this year was good or bad, it will certainly be memorable. Let’s continue to press on and finish strong.
Karen An, PTO President
- NEW Dining for Dollars at Plaka Grill on March 29! Whether it is lunch, dinner or both! You can order from appetizers to dessert and 20% of proceeds comes back to OLGC! For dine in and carryout orders only (no 3rd party delivery apps). Be sure to mention “OLGC” when placing your order. Call 703-319-3131 or order online: https://www.plakagrill.com/ between 11 AM – 9 PM. 110 Lawyers Rd NW
- Gift cards: the PTO has gift cards for purchase - please stop by the Parish Admin office to purchase with cash or checks made payable to OLGC PTO.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the school? Bookmark this link.
- NEW Please join our OLGC community in congratulating to those Cubscouts from Pack 976 who earned their Religious emblem at Mass on Sunday March 21 at 5pm.
- Lions and Tigers/Guardian Angel: Benjamin Aloisi, Jacob Lavery, Everett Woestman
- Wolves/Light of Christ: Camden Dean (Pack 1116), Liam Korondy Pack 1139), Connor Lee
- Bears, Webelo 1 and AOL/Parvuli Dei: Alec Berg, Gavin Korondy (Pack 1139), Connor Woestman
- NEW Virtual Concert: Bishop O’Connell High School cordially invites you to a virtual benefit concert on Friday, March 26, 2021 featuring students, alumni and professional adult musicians. Proceeds will be used to establish the endowed Andriko Bilaniuk ’22 Memorial Scholarship. Andriko was a 2018 graduate of St. Mark Catholic School who lost his battle with cancer days before his sixteenth birthday. For more information click here or contact TLacrosse@bishopooconnell.org.
- THIS WEEK Power Packs: the Power Pack Program (P3), a Food for Others program that provides supplemental weekend food to a large number of students in Fairfax County public elementary schools. Food for Others’ P3 helps guarantee that food-insecure students will have food to eat on the weekends. Drop off your items on Saturday 3/20, 8am- 5pm, and Sunday, 3/21 7:30am-4pm, in front of DeSales Hall.
- Annual Car Raffle: The annual 5 Car & Cash Prizes Raffle is here. Prizes include five 2021 vehicles from Koons of Manassas (Honda Civic, Buick Encore, GMC Canyon Truck, Honda CRV Sport Utility, and Honda Odyssey Van) and cash prizes. One $5.00 ticket offers the purchaser a chance to win all five vehicles plus $20,000 in cash prizes. The raffle benefits our parish and many other charitable causes throughout the diocese.
- Lenten Opportunities:
- Parish Lenten Retreat (Evening Prayer): March 22, 29 at 7 pm in the Church.
- Stations of the Cross: March 19, and 26 at 7pm in the Church in English, and in the Chapel in Spanish.
- The Light is On - Exposition and Confessions: March 17, 24 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the Chapel
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the church? Bookmark this link.