Hope everyone had a restful Easter break. Believe it or not, we are in the final stretch of the year. Only 40 days remain until our kids wrap up their final courses. 40 days until we stow away our pressed navy uniforms. 40 days left until we reach the treasure of summer break and worry not on packing lunches! Please enjoy the calm as we count down and prepare for the busiest time of the year. May 3-7 is also Teacher Appreciation Week. We will celebrate our incredible teachers who have given so much of themselves to help see our children through. More information on ways you can help in the next edition.
Karen An, PTO President
- NEW PTO 8th Grade Essay Contest deadline is Friday, April 23 by 8:00 PM.
- HELP REQUESTED Recess Volunteers Needed: Please consider volunteering for recess duty. Sign up here. Each time you volunteer you must complete the Health Survey prior to arriving on campus. The link to the survey is here. All volunteers must have attended VIRTUS training and have successfully passed the background check before volunteering. To review the volunteer requirements, please click here. If you have any non-urgent questions, please email Rachelle Robinson (parent volunteer).
- Gift cards: the PTO has gift cards for purchase - please stop by the Parish Admin office to purchase with cash or checks made payable to OLGC PTO.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the school? Bookmark this link.
- TONIGHT OLGC Town Hall with Fr. Matt: All parishioners and school families are welcome to attend a Virtual Town Hall Meeting with Fr. Matt via Zoom on Tuesday, 4/13 at 7pm to discuss Facilities Projects with time for questions. Please signup here and the Zoom invite will be sent to you; the Meeting will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
- NEW Manage Grief: Join Dr Kristin Bianchi, licensed psychologist who practices at the Center for Anxiety and Behavioral Change, to discuss self-care strategies to manage grief in constructive ways on 4/22 7-8pm Grief has not been limited to loss by death in the past year, as increasingly more people lose jobs, miss milestones, slip into financial insecurity, and become increasingly more isolated from their friends and extended families, mourning has become part of everyday life. In this presentation, we will identify self-care strategies to manage grief in constructive ways. Sing up here to attend.
- New April Monthly Outreach Project: KOVAR is a Virginia Knights of Columbus 501(c) (3) tax-exempt charity established in 1971 to provide financial assistance through grants and home loans to tax-exempt organizations providing training and assistance to citizens with intellectual disabilities. The Knights will be collecting funds for KOVAR after each Mass during the weekend of April 17/18. If you will not physically be at a Mass that weekend there are 2 ways you can donate to support KOVAR: 1. Donate via check payable to KOVAR and write Council #4654 in the memo line of the check; send checks to: KOVAR, 5588 Needleton Ave., Woodbridge, VA 22193. 2. Donate by credit card here; fill out the form to donate and in the Council Name enter Santa Maria #4654. Reach out to Bob Davis or 240-454-2053 with any questions.
- The Chosen 1st Season Showing: Join us for a showing of the first season of The Chosen! For the first time ever, the greatest story ever told is being presented as a multi-season show. Digging deeper into the backstories and context of the people and the events of the gospels, Season One of the #1 highest crowd-funded media project of all time introduces you to people such as Simon Peter, Nicodemus, Mary Magdalene, Mathew, and of course Jesus in a way never before seen on film. Our showing will take place on Tuesday evenings starting April 27th from 7 pm to 8:30pm and running 8 consecutive weeks. Our last episode will take place on June 15th. We will watch the series and have time for reflection via Zoom. The Zoom link be emailed to all who have signed up on Friday, April 23rd. Join us for any or all episodes. Please sign up here; contact Amy de Bernardo (703-896-7414) with questions.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the church? Bookmark this link.