The PTO sponsors an annual essay contest for graduating 8th grade students continuing their education in a Catholic high school. The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship paid directly to the Catholic high school they will attend. All 8th graders have been or will be informed of this opportunity in class, along with the essay topic and application with specific guidelines. The deadline for submission is April 16th. Good luck to all participating 8th graders!
Karen An, PTO President
- NEXT WEEK Dining for Dollars: Who's ready for a gyro!? We are partnering with Plaka Grill for March's Dining for Dollars on Monday, March 29th. You can order from appetizers to dessert and 20% of orders comes back to OLGC! On dine-in and carryout orders only - no 3rd party delivery apps. Be sure to mention “OLGC” when placing your order. Call (703.319.3131) or order online Address: 110 Lawyers Rd NW, Vienna, Hours: 11am-9pm
- Gift cards: the PTO has gift cards for purchase - please stop by the Parish Admin office to purchase with cash or checks made payable to OLGC PTO.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the school? Bookmark this link.
- NEW The Chosen 1st Season Showing: Join us for a showing of the first season of The Chosen! For the first time ever, the greatest story ever told is being presented as a multi-season show. Digging deeper into the backstories and context of the people and the events of the gospels, Season One of the #1 highest crowd-funded media project of all time introduces you to people such as Simon Peter, Nicodemus, Mary Magdalene, Mathew, and of course Jesus in a way never before seen on film. Our showing will take place on Tuesday evenings starting April 27th from 7 pm to 8:30pm and running 8 consecutive weeks. Our last episode will take place on June 15th. We will watch the series and have time for reflection via Zoom. The Zoom link be emailed to all who have signed up on Friday, April 23rd. Join us for any or all episodes. Please sign up here; contact Amy de Bernardo (703-896-7414) with questions.
- THIS WEEK Virtual Concert: Bishop O’Connell High School cordially invites you to a virtual benefit concert on Friday, March 26, 2021. Proceeds from the concert will be used to establish the endowed Andriko Bilaniuk ’22 Memorial Scholarship. For more information about the concert, scholarship, and Andriko’s legacy, please visit or contact TLacrosse@bishopooconnell.org.
- Annual Car Raffle: The annual 5 Car & Cash Prizes Raffle is here. Prizes include five 2021 vehicles from Koons of Manassas (Honda Civic, Buick Encore, GMC Canyon Truck, Honda CRV Sport Utility, and Honda Odyssey Van) and cash prizes. One $5.00 ticket offers the purchaser a chance to win all five vehicles plus $20,000 in cash prizes. The raffle benefits our parish and many other charitable causes throughout the diocese. All tickets need to be turned in and purchased by April 16th.
- Lenten Opportunities:
- Parish Lenten Retreat (Evening Prayer): March 29 at 7 pm in the Church.
- Stations of the Cross: March 26 at 7pm in the Church in English, and in the Chapel in Spanish.
- The Light is On - Exposition and Confessions: March 24 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the Chapel
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the church? Bookmark this link.