What a fun start to Catholic Schools Week! There’s nothing like waking up and seeing your home coated in the first real snowfall of the year. In keeping with annual tradition, please have your students donate the designated items to be carefully packaged and delivered to the first responders in our community. We hope to highlight the value of our Catholic education and how it extends to our church, community and our nation. For details, please refer to Mrs. Jewett’s most recent Wildcat Weekly.
Karen An, PTO President
· NEW The Wildcat Fund Steering Committee invites you to save the date as we UNMASK OUR POTENTIAL during this year’s Wildcat Fund Day of Giving on February 10-11, 2021. For 48 hours, we will celebrate our community and all that we have the potential to be as we aim to raise $50,000. This year, Kearney & Company will serve as our Day of Giving Corporate Sponsor; they will generously match the first $50,000 raised to be used towards curriculum enrichment at OLGC that will allow teachers and staff to unmask the potential of the curriculum and transform what it means to LEARN at OLGC. To make a gift to The Wildcat Fund, please visit www.olgcschool.org/wildcatfund; contact Alison McKee with any questions.
· PTO has some gift cards in stock for purchase. Please stop by the Parish Admin office to purchase with cash or checks made payable to OLGC PTO.
· PTO spirit wear. We have a few extra spirit t-shirts in both youth and adult sizes for sale. Please email Karen An if you would like to purchase.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the school? Bookmark this link.
· NEW Lent Scripture Study: Come and explore No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion. Walk step-by-step with Christ from the Garden of Gethsemane to Calvary. Filmed in the Holy Land, this five-part study reveals how Old Testament prophecies, messianic expectations, historical realities and powerful symbolism come together in awe-inspiring fashion to reveal God’s unfathomable love for us. Sessions will take place on Tuesday mornings (Feb. 23-Mar. 30) from 9:15 am to 11:15 am on Zoom. The Zoom link will be emailed to all those who register. Cost of materials is $24.95 plus shipping, handling, and tax. To register and purchase materials for this study, please click here. Contact Amy W. de Bernardo (703-896-7414) with any questionS,
· NEW Finding Internships and Jobs in the Age of COVID: Join the OLGC Business Network for a discussion on Finding Internships and Jobs in the Age of COVID. Thursday 2/18 at 7:30pm via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82612452198?pwd=SCtLYUhzUTFDRFZZOUJqQmt1eS9JUT09; Meeting ID: 826 1245 2198, Passcode: 974132, Dial: 301-715 8592 US For more information about the Business Network contact Andrew Zaso at email@example.com.
· NEXT WEEK Adolescents, Anxiety & Covid-19: Join Dr. Monique Reynolds, licensed clinical psychologist, on Thursday, February 11 from 7-8pm for a parent program to provide an introduction to stress and anxiety in teens today. Participants will learn the difference between anxiety and anxiety disorders as well as the role of avoidance and uncertainty in maintaining anxiety. Specific issues related to Covid-19 and the struggle to find a "new normal" during the pandemic will be discussed. This program will support parents in awareness of coping strategies, the importance of self-care, and resilience-building during this challenging time. Please signup to attend www.signupgenius.com/go/30E044EA8A72EA7FC1-adolescents
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA): If you have felt a nudging in your heart to explore the Catholic Faith more in depth, or if you would like to prepare for Baptism, Confirmation, and/or Communion in the Catholic Church, inquire about the process for becoming Catholic, reach out to Amy W. de Bernardo (703.896.7414).
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the church? Bookmark this link.