What a wildly successful Day of Giving! As your children dress out of uniform twice this short week, please think about your generous donations that were made in the spirit of giving. Not only are we stronger together, but we have all vowed to make OLGC the best place to be.
Save the date for the next virtual PTO General Meeting on Tuesday, March 2 at 7:00 PM. We have invited OLGC’s very own, special guest speaker Megan MacCutcheon. Details to come in the next Chatter!
Karen An, PTO President
- NEW – NEXT WEEK Dining For Dollars: We are partnering with Church Street Pizza & Lombardi’s for February’s Dining for Dollars. On Tuesday, 2/23, order lunch or dinner or both and 15% comes back to OLGC! They have contact free carryout and delivery. Be sure to mention “OLGC” when placing your order or in the “notes” for online orders:. Delivery: 703-242-5901 or Carryout/pickup: 703-938-1155; 115 Church St NE. Hours: 11am-8pm
- NEW Girl Scout Cookies: OLGC Girl Scout Troops will be selling cookies after Masses the weekend of February 27-28. Thin Mints, Samoas, Trefoils, Do-si-Dos, Tagalongs, and Lemon-Ups are $5.00 per box. Girl Scout S'mores and gluten-free Toffee-tastics are $6.00 per box. Only cash will be accepted. You can also pre-order your cookies via email no later than February 21st. Pre-orders can be picked up at the cookie table after Mass. Your pre-order should include your name, the number of boxes of each flavor you are ordering, and the Mass you plan to pick your cookies up after.
- NEWPTO General Meeting (virtual) – Save the date March 2 at 7:00 PM.
- Used Uniform Collection: If you have an immediate need, please email Raelene Sok.
- PTO has some gift cards in stock for purchase. Please stop by the Parish Admin office to purchase with cash or checks made payable to OLGC PTO.
- PTO spirit wear. Only a few left! (Adult sizes: L and 2XL). Please email Karen An if you would like to purchase.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the school? Bookmark this link.
- NEW Power Packs: Our Power Packs drive for Food Insecure Fairfax County Children is Saturday, 3/20 (8am-5pm) and Sunday, 3/21 (7:30am-4pm). Delivery to Food for Others is Monday, 3/21. Please contact Barb DeLisa or Jane Heishman for additional information.
- THIS WEEK Lenten Opportunities: Lent begins Wednesday 2/17; the Church will be closed after the 8:30am Mass and the Chapel will be open from 10am—5pm
- Ash Wednesday Masses: 2/17, 8:30 am (live-streamed), 12:10 pm, 7 pm (bilingual). This year, because of COVID guidelines and the accompanying option for the distribution of ashes, ashes will not be distributed at OLGC. Instead, those who attend Mass on Ash Wednesday (sign-up required) will receive a nail cross pin to wear throughout the Season of Lent as an outward reminder of the call to turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel.
- Parish Lenten Retreat (Evening Prayer): 2/22, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 at 7 pm in the Church.
- Stations of the Cross: 2/26, March 5, 12, 19, and 26 at 7pm in the Church in English, and in the Chapel in Spanish.
- The Light is On - Exposition and Confessions: 2/24, March 3, 10, 17, 24 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm in the Chapel
- THIS WEEK Finding Internships and Jobs in the Age of COVID: Join the OLGC Business Network for a discussion on Finding Internships and Jobs in the Age of COVID. Thursday 2/18 at 7:30pm via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82612452198?pwd=SCtLYUhzUTFDRFZZOUJqQmt1eS9JUT09; Meeting ID: 826 1245 2198, Passcode: 974132, Dial: 301-715 8592 US
- NEXT WEEK Boy Scouts: Register to join an information meeting with Troop 976 - based at OLGC and sponsored by the church. The annual visit for any and all prospective scouts will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday 2/24. This meeting will be held via Zoom. Parents are invited and encouraged to join on a separate device, so that they may take part in the parent information room. RSVP here. Learn about our opportunities for camping, hiking, high adventure trips to the Bahamas and to Philmont Ranch, merit badges, volunteer service and more; note that boys must be in 5th grade or 11 years old. We hope to see you there!
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the church? Bookmark this link.