If you have a desire to be involved with the PTO, please join us at the next board meeting on Tuesday, February 2 at 8:30 AM. This is easily one of the best ways to meet with Mrs. Jewett, members of the faculty, and parents within our community to discuss new ideas or developments before the broader community. There are many other benefits with PTO participation and we welcome your ideas on how we can support the needs of our school. Please contact me if you are interested.
Karen An, PTO President
- NEW The Wildcat Fund Steering Committee invites you to save the date as we UNMASK OUR POTENTIAL during this year’s Wildcat Fund Day of Giving on February 10-11, 2021. For 48 hours, we will celebrate our community and all that we have the potential to be as we aim to raise $50,000. This year, Kearney & Company will serve as our Day of Giving Corporate Sponsor; they will generously match the first $50,000 raised to be used towards curriculum enrichment at OLGC that will allow teachers and staff to unmask the potential of the curriculum and transform what it means to LEARN at OLGC. To make a gift to The Wildcat Fund, please visit www.olgcschool.org/wildcatfund; contact Alison McKee with any questions.
- Used Uniform Collection: The PTO is collecting used uniforms. Please consider dropping off gently used uniforms and spirit wear, in the bin located at the entrance of the building. The next used uniform sale date is TBD. If you have an immediate need, please email Raelene Sok.
- PTO has some gift cards in stock for purchase. Please stop by the Parish Admin office to purchase with cash or checks made payable to OLGC PTO.
- PTO spirit wear. We have a few extra spirit t-shirts in both youth and adult sizes for sale. Please email Karen An if you would like to purchase.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the school? Bookmark this link.
- NEW Adolescents, Anxiety & Covid-19: Join Dr. Monique Reynolds, licensed clinical psychologist, on Thursday, February 11 from 7-8pm for a parent program to provide an introduction to stress and anxiety in teens today. Participants will learn the difference between anxiety and anxiety disorders as well as the role of avoidance and uncertainty in maintaining anxiety. Specific issues related to Covid-19 and the struggle to find a "new normal" during the pandemic will be discussed. This program will support parents in awareness of coping strategies, the importance of self-care, and resilience-building during this challenging time. Please signup to attend www.signupgenius.com/go/30E044EA8A72EA7FC1-adolescents
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA): If you have felt a nudging in your heart to explore the Catholic Faith more in depth, or if like to prepare for Baptism, Confirmation, and/or Communion in the Catholic Church, inquire about the process for becoming Catholic, reach out to Amy W. de Bernardo (703.896.7414).
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the church? Bookmark this link.