“Any turkey can tango, any turkey can dance.
Any turkey can tango, if they have the chance!”
Now you won’t be able to get that song out of your head. You’re welcome!
OK, I’m not gonna lie! Thanksgiving week has me part excited and part “oh Lord, my kid will be home for sooo many days!” I joke...maybe!
I have to say, this is a wonderful time of year in our community. We have so many ways to show gratitude, love for one another, and share our resources with others. Thank you to the hundreds of community members who signed up to purchase a thanksgiving meal for another family (insert handclap).
Before we head our separate ways for the holiday, a few important things for you!
Did you hear about all the rage on campus? OLGC spirit gear! Get it while it’s hot…and available! TONIGHT is the order deadline—no extensions this year. We have new designs and your kids are going to want to sport it on spirit days. Believe me! Do yourself a favor and order...you miss one deadline and you would think I forgot her birthday!
Lastly, GivingTuesday is around the corner on 11/30—yes, it is on a Tuesday. It is a global day to do something kind and generous, like consider supporting our school through the Wildcat Fund.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration!
Celeste Flores, PTO President
- TODAY Ends Tonight! Wildcat Spirit Wear Orders: Get some of your Christmas shopping done by purchasing our newly designed OLGC Wildcat shirts & hoodies! Youth and adult sizes available. All orders must be submitted by 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 11/23. No late orders can be accepted. Items will be delivered via your student; alternate delivery can be arranged with Raelene Sok at email@example.com to keep those Christmas gifts secret. A portion of every item sold will help fund the Pawsitive Spirit Store. ORDER HERE. Don’t miss this opportunity for new OLGC Spirit Wear!
- REMINDER Let Generosity Be Our Guide – Journey to New Heights with the Wildcat Fund on #GivingTuesday, 11/30! Generosity gives all of us the power to make a positive change in the lives of others, and is a fundamental value anyone can act on. GivingTuesday celebrates generosity worldwide on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. We see generosity, resilience, strength, and spirit every day at OLGC School. Please continue to show your love for our School because “For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be.” www.olgcschool.org/wildcatfund.
- REMINDER Purchase with a Purpose opportunities to support your PTO! Boon Supply Co sale ending soon! Get a head start on holiday shopping with the OLGC PTO. We are again partnering with Boon Supply to offer hundreds of eco-friendly, waste-free products to purchase for your own use or to give as gifts. From kitchen gadgets to electronics accessories, and candles to eco-friendly cleaning products, there is something for everyone on your list. OLGC PTO will receive an amazing 40% of the profits from items sold. Check out the direct link to the OLGC online catalog right here. Happy shopping!
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the school? Bookmark this link.
- NEW Children’s Liturgy of the Word to make a limited return: On Sunday, November 28th, the Children’s Liturgy of the Word will return at the 10:00 am Mass for a limited time. We are going to start out slowly by providing it once a month. Children’s Liturgy of the Word affords the opportunity for children to experience the Sunday Scriptures at age-appropriate understanding. Children, ages 3-7, will be dismissed from the assembly and process to the Chapel, where they will be invited to actively participate in the proclamation and hearing of the Word through prayer, song, gestures, and sharing of Jesus’ message in their lives. Children (and any parents) attending will be required to wear masks and the children will be seated three feet apart.
- REMINDER Girl Scout Religious Medals: The Girl Scout promise is "On my honor, I will try: To serve God and my country, To help people at all times, And to live by the Girl Scout Law." I think it is important that we share our faith and pass it on throughout our lives. If your Girl Scout wants to earn the Religious Medals and/or Emblems about their Catholic faith, please contact Kathleen Althoff firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-255-9273(h) to get the necessary resources and guidance.
- REMINDER Buy Your Christmas Cards from The Knights of Columbus: The Knights of Columbus are selling their Christmas cards for you to send to yours. They are selling Christmas cards and magnets. Send religious Christmas cards this year and remind everyone, including friends and family, that Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus. All profits go to the support of seminarians conducting their studies. Place your order online here and have cards delivered to your home. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- NEW Ornaments & Advent Candles: The OLGC Parish Office is selling the White House Historical Association's 2021 Official White House Christmas Ornament, which commemorates the presidency of Lyndon Baines Johnson for $25. Also for sale, the cloisonné and clay Our Lady of Good Counsel Ornaments for $10, and Advent candles for $5. Last year's Official 2020 White House Christmas Ornament honoring John Fitzgerald Kennedy is $20. Stop by the Parish Office M-F 9:00 am - 4:30 pm, or call 703.938.2828 or email Maria Romero firstname.lastname@example.org. If the Sunday Welcome Desk is staffed you can purchase there as well.
- REMINDER OLGC Troop 976 Christmas Wreath Sale 12/4-5: OLGC’s Boy Scout Troop 976 will be selling festive Christmas wreaths before and after all Masses on 12/4 & 12/5. Our beautiful greenery is fresh from a Maryland farm, and the proceeds help keep dues accessible for many boys. Wreaths are $28 each. We will be offering online orders and contactless delivery by a Scout if you live in the OLGC area (~ 5 mile radius surrounding OLGC) for pre-orders again this year. Wreaths usually sell out, so don’t delay! If you order ahead, you can pick up your wreath at our stand in the parking lot before or after Masses on 12/4 or 12/5. For more information about ordering, please visit our web page here.
Want to stay on top of what’s going on at the church? Bookmark this link.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: What is done in love is done well. ~Vincent Van Gogh