This is our last Chatter before our Thanksgiving break, so I wish you and your families a day full of gratitude, giving, and good times together. I have a long list of things for which I am grateful.
- Thank you to everyone who has signed up for our annual OLGC Thanksgiving Dinner Drive. Volunteers have agreed to provide 76 dinners. However, we have at least 88 families who are in need of a dinner. If you can provide a dinner or a gift card, please sign up on this sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0944afad22a31-t...
Speaking of gift cards, I will be selling them at pick up on Friday as part of Piggy Bank Fridays and Tuesday morning at drop off.
- Thank you to Meg Gillespie for coordinating our Thanksgiving Drive. Meg needs help driving donations from OLGC to Clearview Elementary and then distributing the dinners from 5:00 – 6:30 PM at Clearview. This is a great opportunity for a family service project as kids can help. Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0944afad22a31-d...
- Thank you to everyone who has donated to the Piggy Bank Fund. Our drive runs through the end of November. Please help fund Christmas bonuses for our teachers and staff. What's the easiest way to donate? Follow this link: https://www.olgcschool.org/support/fundraising/pig... or catch me at Piggy Bank Fridays.
- Thanks to everyone who played Bingo on Friday night and to everyone who helped out. It was a great success, and we are looking for a spring date for another Family Bingo Night.
- Finally, thanks to everyone who volunteers at OLGC, who attends PTO events, and supports our fundraisers. On behalf of the PTO Board, we appreciate all you do to make PTO efforts a success!
Peace and Happy Thanksgiving,
Note - Click Announcement Titles below for more information.
New! Gift Ideas - OLGC Christmas Ornament - OLGC Christmas ornaments are on sale at the school and church office for $20. Ornaments are also available at the welcome desk after Sunday morning Masses.
New! Are you giving gift cards this year? Consider ordering them from Divine Dollars! Follow this link: https://www.olgcschool.org/support/fundraising/divine-dollars
OLGC Subway Special- Vienna Store Only for the Month of November Running late making lunch or dinner? Head to the Vienna Subway on Maple Ave. They are offering an OLGC Subway Special until the end of November: buy 3 or more regular subs at $6.50 each. Mention the OLGC Special. Subway will also wrap the foot longs for OLGC families by the half when requested. Eat a 6" for dinner and have the other 6" for school lunch the next day,
Thanksgiving Dinner Drive -Please consider sponsoring a local family's Thanksgiving dinner. We encourage our OLGC community to share the foods and recipes included in their family's traditions with the family they sponsor. We also encourage our OLGC families to consider including pantry staples to stretch the Thanksgiving Dinner Basket beyond one meal. Please sign up to sponsor a family at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0944afad22a31-thanksgiving2 Questions? Check out our FAQs. More questions? Please contact Meg Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for being part of this OLGC tradition!
PARISH FELLOWSHIP ACTIVITIES:
The Annual Boy Scout Wreath Sale - OLGC's Boy Scout troop 976 will be selling festive Christmas wreaths at all Masses beginning Nov. 24. Our beautiful greenery is fresh from a Virginia farm for $22. Stop by our sales booth, say "hi" to our scouts and take home a Christmas tradition! Wreaths sell out fast, so be sure to get yours by pre-ordering! Send an email to email@example.com
Make a difference in the life of someone less fortunate than yourself! Adopt-a-Family Christmas 2018
Once again we are preparing for our annual Adopt-a-Family Christmas program. Many families are in need in our area. Why not make a difference in the life of someone less fortunate than yourself? You can adopt a family by yourself, or team up with friends, co-workers or parish groups. If you are too busy to shop, individual donations are welcome using the Faith Direct One Time Gift method or by writing a check. Each of these two donation methods should be marked as 2018 Adopt-a-Family. Please open your hearts and help others to experience the joy of the season! Call Karen Booze at 703-919-9653, Fran Davenport at 703-242-7440, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Casino Night at OLGC - November 17 from 7:00-10pm Be a Sponsor for Casino Night to help the St. Vincent DePaul Society! A variety of opportunities from $50 - $1,000. All for a great cause and a fun night! Click here for Sponsor Opportunities
PARISH WORSHIP ACTIVITIES:
New Middle School Night at PVI - All 6th, 7th and 8th graders and their families are invited for food, fun, friends and varsity basketball. Middle School students and their families are invited to Middle School Night in the PAC at Paul VI Catholic High School in Fairfax. Join us at 6:00PM on Friday, November 30 for pizza, tee shirts, games and tons of prizes. All are invited to join the VI Man cheering on our varsity basketball team at their home opener. Coaches from all teams and members of our Fine Arts Department will be present to meet with your family. Free to all and no reservations are needed. Email: email@example.com with questions
New Canterbury School Admission Reception at Chevy Chase Club - 11/28 6pm – 8pm
Do It All at Canterbury School - Where a commitment to values, service to others, and spirituality is paired with an extraordinary academic, athletic, and artistic program. Looking for more out of your high school experience? Join us to learn about Canterbury's remarkable community, small class size, big program, and a mission fueled by our Catholic heritage. Coed, boarding/day, 9-12. Meet alumni, current parents, and prospective families for a reception with Head of School Rachel Stone 6100 Connecticut Avenue Chevy Chase, MD Kindly respond by Friday, November 23, 2018