Mrs. Williamson Bio
¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Señora Williamson and I will be teaching Spanish to all students in grades K-5 during the 2018-2019 school year. This is my third year teaching Spanish at OLGC, and I am thrilled to be back! This year I am excited to be sharing a Spanish Classroom with Sra. Quinn (6-8), where are Spanish classes will be taught (except kinder). I look forward to working with all the students from previous years as well as those who are new to OLGC.
If you need to contact me, email Mrs. Williamson.
The diocese philosophy on world languages is to "teach listening, speaking, reading, writing and culture with emphasis on communication. To expose students to the richness of other languages and civilizations, strengthen thinking skills, and support the native language of the student."
My ultimate goal is to have students learn to love Spanish and provide them with a strong foundation that will lead to success in middle school, high school and hopefully beyond.
- Students engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and preferences, and exchange ideas and opinions.
- Students understand and interpret written and spoken communication on a variety of topic.
- Students present information, concepts and ideas to an audience of listeners and readers on a variety of topics.
- Students will gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures.
- Students acquire information and recognize the distinctive viewpoints that are only available through the foreign language and its culture
Reading & Writing (4-5)
- Students demonstrate understanding of the nature of language through comparisons of the language studied and their own.