- Fourth Graders love being the "big kids" in the hallway and have the wonderful job of setting a good example for the younger children.
- Social Studies
- To help put their social studies knowledge to good use, the students become Indians and write diaries of what a day was like in the life of these young braves and squaws!
- Students learn about Virginia patriots and their contributions to Virginia history, Virginia's role in the global economy and Virginia government.
- Language Arts
- Reading includes continued development and maintenance reading skills and exposure to a variety of literary genres.
- English supports students in reviewing and maintaining proper grammatical usage as well as providing a variety of opportunities to express themselves through writing for a variety of purposes.
- Students will prepare and lead two school masses per year
- During Lent students will act out the Stations of the Cross for the school community.
- Students learn to appreciate and put into daily practice traditional prayers of our Catholic Faith.
- Major topics presented to the students include: Profession of Faith, Liturgy and Sacraments, Commandments and Beatitudes.
- Special Events and Field Trips
- Colonial Day
- Jamestown and Yorktown Field Trips
- Blandy Farm
- Units of study include: Weather, Ecosystems of the Oceans, Electricity and Magnetism, Our Solar System, Plant Anatomy and deeper study into Body Systems
OLGC School Summer Reading Lists:
Students who will be in grades 4 through 8 during the 2018-2019 school year have summer reading assignments. Please click here to visit the OLGC Library website for a link to the Rising 5th Grade Summer Reading Lists.