Overview & Traditions
- Development of the whole child - spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially
- Structured, safe environment
- Promote academic excellence
- Knowledge & skills taught in a spiral curriculum
- Differentiated and small group instruction
- Academic Support Center & Peer Tutoring
- Catholic Diocese of Arlington curriculum
- US Dept. of Education Blue Ribbon School 2005
- Accreditation by National Catholic Education Association & Virginia Catholic Education Association
- Roman Catholic Christian education
- Spirituality of St. Francis de Sales
- Integration of religious truth and values with life
- Daily prayer and prayer partners
- Weekly Mass
- Christmas music program
- Lenten Stations of the Cross
- Sacramental preparation
- Caring, family environment
- Self respect and respect for all life
- Responsibility for the total community
- Community service - Faith In Action
- Active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Extensive volunteer support
- Family social events
- 25 acre campus
- Well-equipped Science and Technology Labs
- Art Room, Music Room, Foreign Language Room, and Gym
- Multimedia Center contains over 14,000 titles
OLGC is the best place on earth. I love to see my friends here especially my best friends. Saying hello to my teachers brightens up my day. ~ Gabby (3rd grade student)
What makes OLGC unique are the wonderful traditions that are shared and that are looked forward to each year.
OLGC students participate in Field Trips, Field Day, and Catholic Schools Week, We also have special PTO family events and various community service projects throughout the year.
Prayer Partners – upper grade students are paired with younger students to serve as mentors and to foster a sense of community in the school. The partners attend weekly Mass together, as well as work on community service activities together.
Kindergarteners participate in the Halloween Parade, entertain in our Thanksgiving program, celebrate 100th Day of School, have an Easter Egg Hunt, and finish off the year with the Kindergarten Completion Ceremony.
Grades 1-5 participate in grade level activities such as 2nd grade First Communion Mass, 3rd grade State Fair Day, Live Stations of the Cross, 4th grade Colonial Day, and 5th grade Biography Day.
The Middle School Students change classes for each subject and are able to review their grades online. Middle School activities include 7th grade Living Stations of the Cross and STEM Fair, and 8th grade Night of the Arts at the end of the school year.
Our Lady of Good Counsel Curriculum follows the guidelines set forth by the
Arlington Diocese Office of Catholic Schools.