OLGC School administration and staff will provide you and your child (in Grades 5 – 8) with access to his/her current grades and attendance via the new Diocesan student information system (SIS) called PowerSchool.
The PowerSchool Parent Portal is a secure website that parents can use to track their child's progress in school. Parent Portal provides an effective communication tool intended to foster a partnership and dialogue between OLGC parents and teachers. Note: The Parent Portal will take the place of the Edline reports you received heretofore.
You may track academic progress from any location with internet access. Please keep your passwords confidential so only you can access the information. The Grades and Attendance tab will allow you to check assignments and scores by clicking on the blue percentage across from a class. To email the teacher a question or concern, please click the blue teacher's name link. This link works if you have this feature set up on your computer.
- Grades will be entered on a regular basis.
- Grades may appear in the grade book as --/75. This indicates a placeholder for the grade but the teacher has not placed a score in the gradebook.
- Information in blue on the page, means it is a hyperlink to more data.
- If you see something that you don’t understand, ask your child first. They may have an explanation. If you notice an anomaly, please contact the teacher directly.
Benefits of the Parent Portal
- Makes parents true partners in their child’s education and is a proactive tool to enhance Parent/Teacher communication.
- Students can easily track and be more responsible for their late and missing assignments and grades.
OLGC will not issue hard copy Interim Reports for grades 5 - 8. Grades can be accessed through the parent portal. Specials will not report interim grades. If there is a concern, it will be communicated separately.
Please, refer questions/comments to Mary Briody or Adrianne Jewett.