Our mission is to instill and foster life-long learning which promotes growth in the Catholic faith and emphasizes academic excellence inspired by Our Lady of Good Counsel and the teachings of St. Francis de Sales.
Philosophy of Learning
- Our school affirms Catholic identity and instills deep-rooted spiritual values for our entire community.
- Education is geared toward the development of the whole child: spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially.
- We foster a structured and safe environment that encourages acceptance of each individual.
- We work in partnership with parents who are the primary educators of their children.
- Educators address the diversity of learners through differentiated instruction.
- Building on their fundamental knowledge, students are challenged to utilize higher order thinking skills.
- Active learners are empowered to think for themselves and take ownership of their learning.
- Our integrated curriculum challenges students to explore and apply concepts to become productive citizens in a global society.
OLGC School Pledge:
As a caring faith community at OLGC School, we agree to:
- Love one another
- Include everyone
- Respect the thoughts and feelings of others
- Admit our mistakes
- Forgive others
- Show compassion
- Play fairly
- Be problem-solvers
- Politely resolve our differences
- Treat everyone the way we want to be treated
- Try to do one kind act each day
- Try to follow Jesus in all we do
- Pray to our God for help