Mission & Philosophy
Our Lady of Good Counsel school community unites to learn, live, love and serve in the Salesian spirit. We inspire lifelong learners to thrive in a global community, recognize and love God’s presence in all, serve others with humility, and live Jesus.
Our Philosophy of Learning
- Learning develops the spiritual, academic, emotional, mental, and physical aspects of the whole child.
- Learning is a partnership among students, parents, teachers, priests, and other parish leaders to encourage a lifelong love of learning.
- Learning takes place through a dynamic framework which promotes understanding, critical thinking and ownership of new knowledge and skills
- Learning transpires through active exploration, creation, communication, and collaboration to inspire stewards who contribute to our ever-changing global society.
- Learning magnifies our unique God-given talents and empowers us to reach our full potential.
Our School Pledge:
As a caring faith community at OLGC School, we agree to:
- Love one another
- Include everyone
- Respect the thoughts and feelings of others
- Admit our mistakes
- Forgive others
- Show compassion
- Play fairly
- Be problem-solvers
- Politely resolve our differences
- Treat everyone the way we want to be treated
- Try to do one kind act each day
- Try to follow Jesus in all we do
- Pray to our God for help